Lots of car owners give less importance to their windshield. For them, cleaning it with water only is enough. If you are one of them, maybe it’s time to open your eyes to reality.
Water can remove dirt and dust, but it cannot get rid of the other stains that bugs and other elements caused.
If you are driving during summer only, washing your windshield with water might do the trick. But if you are driving at high speed under any type of weather, you need windshield washer fluid to get rid of a dust particle, insects, and other elements.
Choosing the right product is not that easy, so we do some research and include 5 top best windshield washer fluid in this guide to help you decide.
- Windshield Washer Fluid Product Overview
- Top Windshield Washer Fluid
- Things to Keep in Mind When Purchasing Best Windshield Washer Fluid
- Final Verdict
Windshield Washer Fluid Product Overview
Imagine yourself driving during cold or rainy weather, all the dirt and other elements that will stick on your windshield. The water may help in removing the dirt but not the insect’s dirt and other stains. Thus, you need a windshield washer fluid to clear the windshield efficiently.
How will you know you have chosen the right windshield washer fluid? The first thing you need to consider is the price. The effectiveness and flow efficiency are two essential factors this washer fluid can offer you in different weather conditions.
Some washer liquid has an antifreeze feature. This type of windshield washer fluid is perfect if you want to use them in cold weather as it prevents the liquid from freezing on your windshield once you spray it.
Top Windshield Washer Fluid
#1. 303 (230371) Instant Windshield Washer
One of the main components of windshield washer fluid is methanol. We all know that it is a toxic chemical that is harmful to your health and to the environment. Most of them are placed in big containers, which can take up a lot of space. There is an alternative to this harmful chemical – the 303 Instant Windshield Washer Tablets.
This washer tablets are small but powerful windshield cleaner. With just one tablet added to a reservoir of clean water, it can remove grime, dirt, and film completely. Your windshield will be clear and clean with just a turn of a knob.
The tablet dissolves instantly and removes contamination. You will not have any problem with bug splatter, simply turn on the car’s wiper and mist with washer fluid to wipe away any mess. The tablets not just clean efficiently, they are also a good alternative to traditional large containers of washer fluid.
Buy now: https://www.amazon.com/303-230371-Instant-Windshield-Washer/dp/B000FF76KM
#2. BMW Powerful Windshield Washer Fluid
Don’t underestimate this small bottle. It contains a powerful, concentrated windshield washer fluid. This washer is very effective in cleaning your BMW windshield. The product is designed to provide streak-less cleaning for your windshield. This washer is very easy to use. It can remove all the bugs, dust particles, and tree droppings on your windshield for safe driving.
Drivers refer to this product as an all-season windshield washer fluid that is very effective even during winter. The BMW windshield washer fluid is a de-icer. Thus it can easily remove snow and ice particles. It is one of the cheapest windshield washer fluid in the market today. It guarantees you the quality you can depend on.
The product includes a mixing chart, so you will have an idea of the right proportion for each type of weather.
#3. Nextzett Washer Fluid
Is designed for safer driving conditions. It is manufactured mainly for German car owners and is 100X more concentrated as compared to the standard washer fluid. It removes bugs and road grime without leaving a smear on the windshield.
Simply add a few amounts of concentrated fluid to a gallon of water and add it in the washer fluid tank. A bottle can produce seven gallons of washer fluid. It is very effective against bugs on the windshield, and it cleans effectively. But, you should not mix it too strong, or it will produce a soapy liquid streak all over the windshield.
The product also eliminates wiper blade squeaks and rattles by using advanced lubricants in its formula which reduces wear and tear. It is safe for the environment since the formula is biodegradable, formalin-free, and phosphate-free. You will not have any problem with residue on paintwork, and it also smells good.
#4. Aqua Charge Windshield Washer Ultra Concentrate
This product is worth your money. The entire bottle can produce a total of 55 gallons of windshield washer fluid. Aqua Charge Windshield is methanol free. Thus it is safer as compared to other expensive washer fluid preparations.
If you plan on buying windshield washer fluid in bulk, the Aqua Charge Windshield is the best option. For a price of only one gallon of Aqua, you can have wiper fluid that will last longer. This liquid has consistent quality and color, and it does not leave any streak after wiping it.
Made with proprietary ingredients that remove road filth, tree sap, bug residue, and bird droppings from windshields. The liquid will freeze at 32 degrees Fahrenheit; you can add 13 gallons of methanol in every 55 gallons of Aqua Charge when it reaches -20 degrees Fahrenheit freezing point.
#5. Rain X Fluid
You can purchase the Rain X Fluid in a 7-ounce bottle, and it is very easy to use. It is used in cleaning the windshield and is produced to help rainwater to bead up and roll off continuously. This makes the product ideal for heavy rainfall, as the water does not pool or streak across the windshield, providing maximum visibility be it in night or morning.
The liquid is easy to use, simply add it to your existing washer fluid. It applies the water beading technology which makes it even more effective in keeping the windshield clean and clear. It improves driving visibility, keeping you safe on the road. The Rain X prevents and removes sleet, ice, bugs, snow, and road spray from adhering to the glass.
Things to Keep in Mind When Purchasing Best Windshield Washer Fluid
If you have plans on buying a windshield washer fluid, here are a few factors to consider:
- If you prefer a concentrated or crystal windscreen washer fluid, it is important that you follow the instructions indicated on the proper dilution ratio based on the climate and weather of your location. Otherwise, it will become too sticky to remove or will lead to unwanted haze which can affect your visibility while driving.
- The washer fluids with methanol in the formula may have an irritating smell. In case you experience irritation from its smell, stop using it, and choose an ethanol-based washer fluid instead.
- Check if the product you are buying has ethylene glycol (EG). This ingredient is vital for efficient mixing and should be distilled with water. The ingredient mentioned has a polishing formula that is very useful in cleaning your windshield during windy weather in which debris, bug splatter, and dirt may stick on your windscreen.
- If you are in a very frigid place where the weather does not hit freezing temp, choose the one with anti-freeze features, and have low methanol content. Although it was proven that methanol is very effective as an antifreeze component, it is quite dangerous. It can also heat up easily during extreme weather.
- Windshield washer fluid is available in various types depending on the weather you are living in. But if you find the dilution process and ratios quite complicated, you can choose the “all-season” washer fluids, which can maintain its liquid form in cold and hot weather. You can mix it with antifreeze compounds to make sure your wipers will work well even in heavy snowfall.
Among the five products mentioned above, we find the 303 Windshield Washer Fluid as the winner. It has a very efficient formula; the product can remove all types of road spray, dirt, tree sap, sleet, bug splatter, snow, and debris. It is also easy on your pocket. Since it is in tablet form, there is no need for you to worry about where to store it.
The product also does not contain methanol, so it is safer as compared to other washer fluids. For areas with heavy snowfall, this product is very reliable since it has an anti-freeze feature.